Ten authentic Devon General buses and coaches brought nostalgic travel to Exmouth on Sunday 4th September at our ‘Devon General Remembered’ running day.
The following vehicles took part:
- MTT 640 Leyland Titan, from 1951
- NTT 661 AEC Regent III, from 1952
- ETT 995 AEC ‘Light Six Rebuild, from 1953
- VDV 798 AEC Reliance, from 1957
- VDV 817 AEC Regent V, from 1957
- XTA 839 Albion Nimbus, from 1958
- MSJ 499 (formerly 925 GTA) Leyland Atlantean convertible open-top, from 1961
- 932 GTA Leyland Atlantean convertible open-top, from 1961
- 1 RDV AEC Reliance Grey Cars coach, from 1964
- VDV 137S, Bristol VRT convertible open-top, from 1977
The buses and coaches provided free bus trips from Imperial Road out to Budleigh Salterton, Littleham, Lympstone and Woodbury. A circular town tour also ran around Exmouth using the open-toppers. In all over 2,700 passenger journeys were made on these services, with duplicate buses needed on some departures. We would like to thank all the bus owners who brought their vehicles along to Exmouth, plus our enthusiastic team of volunteers that made it all happen.
Here are some images from the day, courtesy of Richard Nardi:
Posted 7th September 2022