Our ‘Devon General Remembered’ Running Day saw classic buses take to the roads in and around Tiverton, recalling the Devon General routes of the 1960s.
Nine preserved Devon General buses took part:
- OD 7497 AEC Regent open-top, from 1934
- MTT 640 Leyland Titan PD2, from 1951
- NTT 661 AEC Regent III, from 1952
- ETT 995 AEC ‘Light Six’ Rebuild, from 1953
- ROD 765 AEC Regent V, from 1956
- VDV 798 AEC Reliance, from 1957
- VDV 817 AEC Regent V, from 1957
- MSJ 499 (formerly 925 GTA) Leyland Atlantean convertible open-top, from 1961
- TUO 74J AEC Reliance, from 1971
Also present were Western National Bristol LWL LTA 772 and Stagecoach South West ADL400 open-topper MX07 HMF.
The first departure from Tiverton Bus Station was waved off by the Mayor of Tiverton, and during the day over 1,300 passengers travelled on the bus services. There were many smiling faces to be seen!
Here are some photos from the day, with many thanks to Russell Ayre and the Tiverton Gazette. Click on any image to start a slide show:
Posted 9th September 2021